PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this pattern you will receive a digital download at checkout.
This adorable hat is the perfect go-to baby gift! Easily completed in just a few hours, this project promises lots of oohs and ahhs at your next baby shower!!! Use two solid colors or your favorite self-striping yarn for this fun baby knit!
0-6m (6-12m, 1-2y)
Approx 15 (16.5, 18)”/38 (42, 46) cm circumference X 5.25 (6, 6.75)”/13 (15, 17) cm long (exclusive of points)
• Magpie Fibers Swanky DK (80% superwash merino, 10% cashmere, 10% nylon; 250 yards per 115 grams), 1 skein (MC)
• Spincycle Dyed in the Wool (100% superwashed American wool; 200 yards per skein), 1 skein (CC)
OR Sport/DK Weight Yarn in the following amounts (includes enough of each yarn to make one pom in each color OR two poms in CC:
• MC: 155 (170, 185) yds/ 141 (155, 168)m
• CC: 80 (90, 100) yds/ 73 (82, 91)m
24 sts and 32 rows to 4” in stockinette stitch worked in the round on Gauge Needle
Needles listed are suggested. Always take time to swatch.
• Gauge Needle: Size US 5 (3.75 mm) 16” / 40 cm
• Smaller Needle: Size US 4 (3.5 mm) 16” / 40 cm — or one size smaller than gauge needle
Stitch marker, tapestry needle, pom-pom maker
• Hat is worked in the round, from the bottom up.
• Directions are written for the smallest size, with the larger sizes in parentheses, where necessary. If only one number exists, it applies to all sizes.
• Any time you are changing colors, if you are carrying them up, be sure to pick the new color up from behind the old color, crossing the two colors over one another to prevent any holes.
• During the striped sections you are free to carry yarns up loosely or cut leaving a 6” tail between color changes.