PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this pattern you will receive a digital download at checkout.
This cowl isn’t fancy; however it does have Bobbles, Ribbing, Diamonds and Stripes…BRDS. The alternating stitch patterns combined with color changes hold your interest, allowing you to complete the piece long before you get bored. Beauregard DK has a loftiness and softness which make this piece perfect for indoors or out. You won’t want to take it off!
• 13" / 33 cm tall
• Rib Section: 22" / 56 cm circumference
• Diamond-Bobble Section: 24” / 61 cm circumference
DK weight yarn in the following amounts:
• C1: Approx 62 yds / 56 m
• C2: Approx 38 yds / 35 m
• C3: Approx 173 yds / 157 m
Sample shown in:
The Plucky Knitter Beauregard DK (60% yak, 40% cashmere; 300 yds / 274 m per 100 g); Waffles (C1), Wax Poetic (C2), and Powdered Sugar (C3); 1 skein of each
22 sts and 32 rnds per 4" / 10 cm in St st on Gauge Needle, blocked
Needles listed are suggested. Always take time to swatch.
• Gauge Needle: Size US 6 (5.00 mm) 16" circular needle—or size necessary to obtain gauge
• Smaller Needle: Size US 5 (4.00 mm) 16" circular needle—one size smaller than Gauge Needle.
Stitch marker and tapestry needle
• Cowl is worked in the round, from the bottom up.
• Any time you are changing colors between rounds, be sure to pick the new color up from behind the old color, crossing the two colors over one another to prevent any holes.
• During the Garter-Rib sections you are free to carry yarns up loosely or cut leaving a 6" tail between color changes.
• For Chevron-Bobble section, you may follow the chart OR written directions.