PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this pattern you will receive a digital download at checkout.
Reminiscent of pixelated video games, the colorwork in High Score hat is addictive and easy to memorize! Grab your favorite skein of Spincycle yarn, pull from both ends of the skein, pair it with a coordinating color of Pikshun and you are set. Better yet, this pairing will yield two hats that are sure to be individually unique! The hardest part will be deciding which one you keep for yourself!
18 (19.75, 21.3)" x 45 (49, 53.25) cm circumference x 8.5 (9, 10.5)” / 21.25 (22.5, 26.25) cm tall
• Farmers Daughter Fibers Pikshun, (100% Rambouillet wool; 255 yd / 232 m per 100 g), 1 skein (MC)
• Spincycle Dream State (100% Superwash Wool; 150 yd/ 163m per 2.2 oz), 1 skein (CC)
OR Worsted Weight Yarn in the following amounts:
• MC: 125yds/ 114m
• CC 1/2: 75 yds/ 68m
Faux Fur pom OR approx. additional 70 yards of worsted weight yarn.
Sample shown in:
Farmers Daughter Fibers Pikshun, in color Eagle Eye (MC) and Spincycle Dream State, in color Mississippi Marsala (CC)
NOTE ON CC: To achieve the colorwork affect used in this pattern, you will need to use Spincycle dreamstate or another color-progression yarn for CC. For rnds 1-3 pull from the outside of the skein (CC1), and pull from the inside of the skein for rnds 6-11 (CC2).
21 sts and 24 rows to 4" in charted colorwork
Needles listed are suggested. Always take time to swatch.
• US #5 and #7 16” circular needles, US #7 DPN OR 32” circular (for magic loop) to shape crown
Stitch marker and tapestry needle
• Hat is worked in the round, from the bottom up.
• Any time you are changing colors between rounds, if you are carrying them up, be sure to pick the new color up from behind the old color, crossing the two colors over one another to prevent any holes.
• During the colorwork sections you are free to carry yarns up loosely or cut leaving a 6” tail between color changes.
• The hat body uses charted colorwork. For the crown shaping both charts and written directions are provided. For this section, you may follow the chart OR written directions.
• Pay careful attention to the note regarding rnd 6 and 7 of decrease chart/written directions. At the end of rnd 6 you will move the BOR M over one stitch to the left.
• To achieve the colorwork affect used in this pattern, you will need to use Spincycle dreamstate or another color-progression yarn for CC. For rnds 1-3 pull from the outside of the skein (CC1), and pull from the inside of the skein for rnds 6-11 (CC2).