PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this pattern you will receive a digital download at checkout.
Most days around 1pm, you will find me sitting at an outdoor table at the Hudson Cafe, my favorite lunch spot. I prefer to sit outside whenever the weather allows, both to watch the crowd downtown and to get a bit of fresh air; however it does get chilly in the Fall and early Winter. I find fingerless mitts are the perfect solution. They keep my hands warm while leaving my fingers free to enjoy my lunch. I designed these mitts specifically for this purpose. The dense, slip stitch pattern provides warmth without excess bulk. The woolen-spun Heritage yarn from North Bay Fiber takes to the stitch pattern beautifully and keeps its shape well over time. The pattern only uses one color per row making it equally satisfying for beginner and advanced knitters. I know you will love this welcome addition to your Fall wardrobe!
Toddler/Child, Tween, Adult S, Adult M, Adult L
5 (6, 7, 8, 9)"/14 (16, 17.5, 20, 22.5)cm palm circumference X 5.75"/14.5cm long for shorter version and 7"/17.5cm long for longer version
RECOMMENDED: North Bay Fiber, Heritage (100% Targhee-Polypay; 150 yd / 137 m per 50 g); 1 skein in each of 2 colors.
Or…Light Worsted/Heavy DK yarn in the following amounts:
MC:73 (87, 96, 110, 123)yds/ 66 (79, 87, 100, 112)m
CC:23 (27, 30, 34, 39)yds/ 21 (25, 27, 31, 35)m
MC:89 (106, 117, 133, 150)yds/ 81 (96, 106, 121, 136)m
CC:28 (33, 36, 42, 47)yds/ 25 (30, 33, 38, 43)m
• Sample #1 (short version) is knit in colors Pumpkinseed (C1) and Chinook (C2) and is size Adult Small.
• Sample #2 (longer version) is knit in colors Sandbar (C1) and Pumpkinseed (C2) and is size Adult Medium.
24 sts x 48 rnds = 4” in Slip Stitch 2-Color Rib, knit in the round and blocked.
Needles listed are suggested. Always take time to swatch.
• Gauge Needle: Size US 6 (4.0 mm) 9" circular needles and DPNs—or size necessary to obtain gauge
• Smaller Needle: Size US 4 (3.75 mm) 9" / 40 cm circular needles — or two sizes smaller than gauge needle
2 stitch markers, waste yarn & tapestry needle
• Mitts are worked in the round from the bottom up. Thumb gusset is created, then thumb sts are put on hold to work once hand is complete.