A close friend recently had a baby, and this little girl deserves a special blanket. Macie’s Blanket is a large mitered square replete with relaxing garter stitch, engaging lace and a simple knit-purl combo. It’s a winner to knit for your little one or as a gift! This one was worked during my absolute favorite yarn for kids—Blue Sky Fibers, Sweater. It washes beautifully and the worsted weight works up quickly on your needles!
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this pattern you will receive a digital download at checkout.
Blue Sky Fibers, Sweater (55% Superwash Wool / 45% Certified Organic Cotton; 160yds / 146m per 100g); 2 skeins each of C1 and C2, 1 skein C3.
Or similar worsted weight yarn in the following amounts:
C1: 300 yds/ 270m
C2: 258 yds/ 235m
C3: 160 yds/146m
Sample shown used the following colors:
C1: Olive You
C2: Tiny Dancer
C3: Sweet Roll
• Unblocked: 16 sts x 24 rows = 4"/10cm in chart pattern
• Blocked: 14 sts and 22 rows = 4”/10cm in chart pattern.
Needles listed are suggested. Always take time to swatch.
• Gauge Needle: Size US 7 (4.0 mm) 24”/60cm, 32”/80cm and 40"/100cm circular needle
NOTE: Blanket may be worked using a 40”/100cm circular needle the entire time, however it will be more comfortable to begin on the smaller length cord and switch to the longer needles as needed to accommodate the stitches.
Stitch markers (optional) and Tapestry needle
• Blanket begins at lower right hand corner and is worked out, forming a mitered square. Stitches are increased on either side of the center stitch until square is complete.
• An applied I-cord edging is used to create a finished border.